- In this article, we will take a look at Mumbai Indians Details.
- History, Stats, Season Stats, Interesting stats, Fans and support, Sponsors Team Identity and Images.
|IPL Wins||5 Times Champions (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020)|
|CLT20 Wins||2 Times Champions (2011, 2013)|
|City||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Stadium||Wankhede Stadium Mumbai|
*MUMBAI INDIANS HISTORY*
Mumbai Indians are the Ipl team franchise based in Mumbai, Maharastra, India, and Founded in 2008. Reliance Industries is the owner of the Mumbai Indians franchise. Mukesh Ambani was the owner of Reliance Industries. And Reliance Industries bought the Mumbai franchise for $111.9Million this is the most expensive team to be bought.
In the first two seasons (2008 and 2009), they failed to qualify for the semi-finals. Important to note that Mi has bought cricket legend, Sachin Tendulkar. In 2010, they made it to the finals unfortunately they ended with the runner-up. 2011 and 2012 are decent seasons for them they qualified for playoffs.
In 2013, Ricky Ponting gives the captaincy in the midseason to Indian player Rohit Sharma. They became first-time Ipl champions on that season (2013) Later the team and management become strong and they used to win championships in 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020. Mumbai Indians are the best successful Ipl download franchise.
*MUMBAI INDIANS STATS*
*MUMBAI INDIANS SEASONS RESULTS*
|2008||5th (Group stage)|
|2009||7th (Group stage)|
|2016||5th (Group stage)|
|2018||5th (Group stage)|
*MUMBAI INDIANS INTERESTING STATS*
- Mumbai Indians is the second team to defend the championship in 2020 (The first team is Chennai super kings).
- MI win championships on odd years till 2019 and they defended the championship in 2020.
- Mi managed to win 5 finals out of 6.
- Mumbai Indians has the second-highest fan base in Ipl.
- El Clasico of Ipl is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai super kings.
*MUMBAI INDIANS FANS AND SUPPORT*
- Mumbai Indians has fans all over India. The interesting thing is MI has the most fans in Tamil Nadu next to Mumbai.
- MI is the most expensive franchise in the league. The team became a favorite to fans became of the legend Sachin Tendulkar who played for Mumbai.
*MUMBAI INDIANS SPONSORS*
- KIT – Adidas 2008 to 2014, Performax 2015 to Present.
- Shirt front sponsors – Idea 2008 to 2009, Videocon 2010, Hero Honda 2011, Hero 2012, Videocon d2h 2013 to 2018, Samsung 2019 to Present.
- Shirt back sponsors – MasterCard 2008 to 2012, Bajaj Allianz 2013, Jet and Etihad Airways 2014 to 2017, Goibibo 2018, Colors 2019 to 2020, DHL Present.
- Chest Branding – Adidas 2008, Zandu Balm 2009, Dheeraj and East coast LLC 2010 to 2011, DHFL 2012 to 2019, Marriott Bonway 2020 to Present.
*MUMBAI INDIANS IDENTITY*
- Mumbai Indians logo represents Chakra with Indian flag tricolors.
- The chakra spins and on the downside, the team name is mentioned.