- In this Article we will take a look about India Vs South Africa Test Match
*India vs south africa*
India Vs South Africa India tour of South Africa is a test series where 3 test matches are going to be held. the first is played today(26 Dec 2021) under the captaincy of Virat Kohli for team India, on the other hand, South Africa will be playing under the captaincy of Dean Elgar. the first match will commence at SuperSport Park Cricket Stadium, a stadium in centurion, Gauteng, South Africa. The match will start around 1:00 PM IST.on a recent press meet one of the Indian opening batsmen Mayank Agarwal said that “Plan Was to Leave As Many Balls As Possible”.in this match India won the toss and chose to bat first.it was a furious match at the beginning itself.KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal were the two opening batsmen for team India.
the match went quite well for team India till 40 overs but at the 40.2 over the team, India lost its first wicket.it was Lungi Ngidi who made an LBW wicket against Mayank Agarwal. at 117 th runs India lost its second wicket.C.pujara went duck out by the same lungi nidi bycatch. And then Captain Virat Kohli came into 3rd down for batting. captain Kohli’s performance was very disappointing for Indian fans because he was out within 35runs. he played a total of 94 balls but scored just 35 runs. Then Ajinkya Rahane came for batting. for far the vice-captain KL Rahul’s performance is outstanding with a total of 16 fours and 1 six. As far as now lungi ngidi had taken 3 wickets for a team in South Africa.
A total of 11 players are going to play for each team. for team India(main players): KL Rahul (Vice-captain), Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli (captain), Rishabh Pant(wicket-keeper), Ravichandran Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Burmah.
(Players on the bench): Umesh Yadav, Wriddhiman Saha, Jayant Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Hanuma Vihari, Ishant Sharma, Priyank Panchal.
On the other hand for a team south Africa(main players): Dean Elgar (captain), Aiden Markram, Keegan Petersen, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock (wicket-keeper), Wiaan Mulder, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Kagiso Rabada.
(Players in bench):Duanne Olivier,Beuran Hendricks,Sisanda Magala,George Linde, Prenelan Subrayen,Kyle Verreynne,Sarel Erwee,Glenton Stuurman,Ryan Rickelton.
This India tour of the South Africa test series is a three matches series. the first innings will be held at SuperSport Park, Centurion, South Africa. The second match will be held at wanderers stadium, south Africa. and the third match will be held at Newlands cricket ground, South Africa. Each innings will be played for 5days the first match will start on 26th December 2021 and end on 30th December 2021. The second will be from 3rd January 2022 to 7th January 2022 and the third will be played from 11th January to 15th January.
India recently played a Test series against New Zealand in their hometown. The series took 2 Tests. The 1st Test match ended up in a draw but India managed to win the 2nd match by 372 runs and captured the series with 1-0.so Indians fans hope that India will play and win against South Africa with the same enthusiasm and energy.
South Africa last played a Test series against West Indies in June this year during their tour to the Caribbean. South Africa won the 1st Test as well as the 2nd Test by 158 runs. South Africa won the series 2-0. India and South Africa had been playing against each other in various matches such as ODI, test series extra. In 2021 India and South Africa will face off each other in their first match between them this year on 26th December. this will be a 3 match test series. On 19th January, December 2022 (four days after the 3rd match of 2nd innings) team India and team south Africa will square off each other in an ODI match. there will be a total of three matches
- 1st ODI match-19th January 2022 at Boland park stadium, Paarl, South Africa around 2:00 pm
- 2nd ODI match-21st January 2022 at Boland park stadium, Paarl, South Africa around 2:00 pm
- 3rd ODI match:23rd January 2022 at Newlands cricket ground, south Africa around 2:00 pm.
- South Africa has won 1 Test series in 1999, drawn 2, and lost 3 series in India
- India was the first nation that south Africa toured back then.
- India and South Africa had clashed with each other totally 39times in a test match out of which South Africa had won a total of 15 matches whereas India had won only 14matches and the remaining 10 were all drawn.
- In South Africa, both these teams had faced off each other for 20times with south Africa winning 10 matches and losing 3 matches.
- The first test series of India tour of South Africa had taken place at Durban, South Africa on November 13-17 1992. the match resulted in a draw.
- India has never ever won a Test series in India tour of South Africa.
- Captain Virat Kohli needs two catches to complete 100 catches in the Test series.
- Team India’s current opening batsmen KL Rahul needs one grab to reach 50 catches in the Test series.
- Ishant Sharma needs one wicket to beat team India’s ex-bowler Zaheer Khan and become the fifth-highest wicket-taker for India in Test cricket.
- Rishabh Pant is needs to take three wicketkeeping dismissals away from completing 100 dismissals which is the longest format of the game.
- Proteas is the nickname of The South African national cricket team.