- IN THIS ARTICLE WE WILL TAKE A LOOK AT FAF DU PLESIS.
- BIOGRAPHY AND SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS IN IT.
*FAF DU PLESSIS BIOGRAPHY*
|Real Name||Francois Du Plessis|
|Date Of Birth||13-July-1984|
|Father Name||Updates are still to be made|
|Mother Name||Updates are still to be made|
|Nick Name||Du Plessis|
|Home Town||Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa|
|Currently Lives In||Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa|
*WHO IS FAF DU PLESSIS*
Francois “Faf” du Plessis is a South African international cricketer and former captain of the South Africa national cricket team.
Francois was born on 13 July 1984 at Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa.
Francois du Plessis is a right-handed middle-order batsman and part-time leg-spin bowler. He has played South African domestic cricket for Northerners and the Titans, as well as matches for Lancashire County Cricket Club, Chennai Super Kings, and Rising Pune Supergiant.
He made his Test debut in November 2012 and became the fourth South African to score a Test century on debut. Francois du Plessis was subsequently also named T20 captain of South Africa for the following Twenty 20 series against New Zealand and confirmed full-time skipper in Feb 2013.
Du Plessis took over the Test captaincy in December 2016 and assumed the full-time captaincy in all formats of the game in August 2017 after teammate and former captain AB de Villiers relinquished the two limited-overs captaincies.
On 17 February 2021, Du Plessis announced his retirement from Test cricket in order to focus on the 2021 and 2022 ICC men’s T20 world cup tournaments.
*FAF DU PLESSIS CAREER*
- Du Plessis made his ODI debut on 18 January 2011 against India and made unbeaten 60 runs.
- He was chosen ahead of Albie Morkel for the 2011 World Cup on the Indian Sub-continent and later made his Test debut for South Africa against Australia at the Adelaide Oval in 2012 as the number 6 batsman, replacing the injured JP Duminy.
- In October 2013, he was fined 50% of his match fee after being found guilty of ball-tampering in a Test match against Pakistan.
- In December 2013, he scored a test match-saving a hundred with a score of 134 off 309 balls against India while chasing 458 to win in the 4th innings.
- Du Plessis made his maiden ODI hundred on 27 August 2014 against Australia after scoring 106 off 98 balls while chasing 327 runs to win. His partnership of 206 runs with AB de Villiers for the 3rd wicket is the highest for South Africa against Australia.
- He was also named in the T20I XI by Cricinfo for his performances in 2013.
*FAF DU PLESSIS UNKNOWN FACTS*
- He is a man of many layers. Along with sports, he has also mastered the art of cooking (except Greek food).
- He was picked by Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2012, after his impressive performance at the international level. In the recently concluded IPL 2016, he played for Rising Pune Supergiants, a side that too was led by MS Dhoni.
- He refused to play for England. When du Plessis was 21, he was offered a Kolpak deal by Nottinghamshire, saying he would have to play for England if he accepts the offer. His dream to play for South Africa compelled him to refuse the offer.
*KUMARAN CARS AND BIKES*
- Range Rover Evoque | – Engine 1997 to 1998cc.
- Top Speed 8.5 sec 221kmph.
- Fuel Type Petrol & Diesel.
- Power & Torque 245 bHP to and 430 NM.
*FAF DU PLESSIS SALARY*
|One Promotion Payment||Updates are still to be made|
|IPL Salary||Rs.1.6 Crore|
|Net Worth||Rs.102 Crore|